Today Current Affairs 6 August 2022 | Current affairs today pdf download – Current Affairs for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Top 10 Current News of the day, Important events in National Current News, and International Current News.
106-year-old Astronomical Lab of Bihar college mentioned on Unesco heritage list
An astronomical observatory in India has been included on the UNESCO list of important endangered heritage observatories of the world. it is 106-year-old. The astronomical observatory is situated at Langat Singh College, in Muzaffarpur, Bihar.
- It was founded in the college in 1916 to impart astronomical knowledge to the students in detail.
- Langat Singh College was established in 1899 and is affiliated with Bhim Rao Ambedkar Bihar University, (BRABU).
RBI hikes Repo Rate by 50 bps to 5.40% in Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) Meet
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has decided to increase the policy repo rate under the liquidity adjustment facility (LAF) by 50 basis points to 5.40 per cent with immediate effect. the decision was taken in its Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) meeting which was held on August 05, 2022.
- Prior to this, RBI Repo Rate was 4.90 per cent.
- it aims to achieve the medium-term target for consumer price index (CPI) inflation of 4 per cent within a band of +/- 2 per cent.
RBI announces Digital Payments Index for March 2022 at 349.30
The Reserve Bank announced the construction of a composite Reserve Bank of India – Digital Payments Index (RBI-DPI) in March 2018 as a base to capture the extent of digitisation of payments in India. The index for March 2022 stands at 349.30 against 304.06 for September 2021. The RBI-DPI index showed significant growth representing the rapid adoption and deepening of digital payments.
Digital Payments Index (DPI)
|Period||RBI – DPI Index|
|March 2018 (Base)||100|
Rajiv Gauba gets one-year extension as Cabinet Secretary
The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet has approved a one-year extension in service of Rajiv Gauba as Cabinet Secretary of India, his term was to be ended on August 30, 2022. Rajiv Gauba gets his second extension as Cabinet Secretary of India.
- Prior to this, he was given his first one-year extension in August 2021.
- Mr Rajiv Gauba is a 1982-batch IAS officer of the Jharkhand cadre.
- He served as the secretary in the Union Urban Development Ministry, Additional Secretary in the Home Ministry.
Murali Sreeshankar won silver medal in men’s long jump for India at 2022 CWG
Indian athlete Murali Sreeshankar has bagged a silver medal in the men’s long jump event in CWG Birmingham 2022. with this, he became the first-ever Indian to claim a silver medal in the men’s long jump event at the Games.
- 23 years old Murali Sreeshankar had the best jump of 8.08 metres to secure the second spot.
- Bahamas’ Laquan Nairn won a Gold medal with the best jump of 8.08 metres.
India’s Para-Powerlifter Sudhir wins Gold at 2022 CWG
India’s para powerlifter Sudhir wins a gold medal in the men’s heavyweight final and lifted 208 kg in his first attempt, and 212 kg in his second attempt. however, he failed to lift 217 kg in his third and final attempt. he bagged India’s first ever Gold medal in Para-Powerlifting sports at the Commonwealth Games.
- Sudhir scripted a Commonwealth Games record win in the men’s heavyweight category.
- This is India’s 7th gold at the ongoing Commonwealth Games 2022.
Veteran Actor Mithilesh Chaturvedi passes away at 67
Noted Indian actor Mithilesh Chaturvedi passed away at the age of 67 due to cardiac arrest. He has featured in several TV shows and films. Mithilesh Chaturvedi was best known for playing small yet strong supporting roles in multiple films.
- He acted in famous films including Satya, Taal, Gadar: Ek Prem Katha, Koi Mil Gaya, Bunty Aur Babli, Ready, Phata Poster Nikla Hero, Asoka and Fiza among others.
- On the television screen, he was a part of shows such as Neeli Chatri Wale, Kayamat, Patiala Babes and more.
- He was seen in the last TV show ‘Scam 1992: The Harshad Mehta Story’.
******** END ********
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.