Today Current Affairs 5 April 2020: Latest Current Affairs with all basic data, Be the first to know all the Today Current Affairs 5 April 2020 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important occasions in National Current News just as International level with clear clarification. For every single serious test and Interviews, furnish yourself with the Latest Current Affairs 05 April 2020 conceded here.
Today Current Affairs 5 April 2020
There is no call to off street lights on 5 April Power Ministry
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi said for switching off lights for 9 minutes at 9 pm on Sunday that will result in an electricity load reduction of around 13 gigawatts (GW) on Indias power grid.
Central government is taking steps to ensure smooth harvesting of Rabi Crop
- The Centre is taking many steps to make ensure the smooth harvesting of Rabi Crop and the sowing of the summer crop.
- for this, Department of Agriculture Cooperation and Farmers Welfare orgainsed a video conference with all States and Insurance companies for purpose to review the payment of claims and Crop Cutting Experiments, CCEs for Rabi crops coducted status.
- This implementation of Smart Sampling Technique may result that the indian farmers will not have to suffer from any adverse fall out during the lockdown.
Indian Railways releases a restoration plan to make preparation for resumption of services
- The Indian Railway have started to prepare to continue all its services from April 15 after a 21-day suspension of its passenger trains in order to the coronavirus outbreak.
- All railway staffs such as running staff, TTE, safety personnel and other officials will be ready to go back on work from April 15.
India wants Six billion dollars loan from ADB, AIIB to fight coronavirus pandemic
- India is looking for getting as $6 billion of loans from multilateral institutions like the Asian Development Bank to make more its efforts to combat the coronavirus outbreak.
PM Narendra Modi heads joint meeting of empowered groups on COVID-19
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi became part of a joint meeting of the Empowered Groups. the meeting’s aim is to plan and ensure the implementation of COVID-19 response activities in the india.
- He also reviewed about factors for eg the availability of hospitals in india, isolation, and quarantine facilities as well as disease surveillance, testing for COVID-19, and critical care training to fight against coronavirus.
- Prime Minister Modi said directly to ensure sufficient production, procurement, and availability of all essential medical equipment to use against CoVID-19.
World Food Programme COVID-19 give very low impact on global food supply chain
- World Food Programme (WFP) reported about low impact on the global food supply chain due to Coronavirus pandemic. however, it will become worsen if major food importers get anxious.
FIFA Under-17 Women World Cup postponed
- 05 April 2020 Current Affairs : FIFA Under-17 Women’s World Cup has been postponed because of the Coronavirus pandemic. World Cup was to be played in India from 2 to 21 November.
- The FIFA-Confederations working group took this decision in its first meeting.
- in addition, The working group also postponed FIFA Under-20 Women’s World Cup which was to be orgainsed between August and September in Panama and Costa Rica.
Q.1 when was the Indian Railways founded?
The Indian Railways was established on 16 April 1853.