Today Current Affairs 20 April 2020
Latest Current Affairs with all basic data, Be the first to know all the Today Current Affairs 20 April 2020 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important occasions in National Current News just as International level with clear clarification. For every single serious test and Interviews, furnish yourself with the Latest Current Affairs news 20 April 2020 conceded here.
Nodal Officers are designated by Shri Santosh Gangwar
- The Union Minister of State (I/C) for Labour and Employment Shri Santosh Gangwar has suggested to designate nodal officer from Labour Department. the main objective of it is to adjust with Control Rooms established by the Union Government for addressing issues of the labour/workers in the nation.
- Recently, The Labour and Employment Ministry made 20 Control Rooms which are working under the Chief Labour Commissioner (C) on pan India. at the begining, Control Rooms aere working to solve issues such as the central sphere and migrant labour.
About Ministry of Labour and Employment :
Officeholder: Santosh Gangwar
Headquarters Location : New Delhi
In Maharashtra, Around 43 lakh quintals food grains has been distributed to the poor
- The Maharashtra Government has distributed almost 43.51 lakh quintals of food grains to its poor peoples during the COVID-19 lockdown period.
- Under Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Ann Yojana, Poor people are getting 5kg of food grain rice in Maharashtra for three months for every beneficiary covered under the National Food Security Act (NFSA).
About Maharashtra :
Chief Minister – Uddhav Thackeray
Deputy Chief Minister – Ajit Pawar
Governor – Bhagat Singh Koshyari
Capital – Mumbai
Formed – 1 May 1960 (Maharashtra Day).
Bank and Business News
RBI Cancels License of Mapusa Co-operative Bank
- 20 April 2019 Current Affairs: The Reserve Bank of India has invalidated Mapusa Urban Co-operative Bank‘s license. therefore, the bank will not be able to carry out any banking operations and businesses with an immediate effect from 16th April 2020.
- Under section 5(B) and section 56 of the Banking Regulation Act 1949, the RBI has taken action aginst Mapusa Urban Co-operative Bank.
About Reserve Bank of India :
RBI Governor: Shaktikanta Das Trending
RBI Bank rate: 4.40%
RBI Interest on reserves: 4.00%
RBI Headquarters : Mumbai
RBI Founder: British Raj
RBI Founded: 1 April 1935, Kolkata
49th Round of OBICUS of Manufacturing Sector introduced by RBI
- The RBI has commenced he 49th round of quarterly OBICUS (Order books, inventories, and capacity utilization survey) of the manufacturing sector. this sector consists the reference period from Jan Month to March Month 2020.
- About OBICUS – RBI takes OBICUS quarterly that means 4 times a year. the manufacturing companies will give volunteer information on their inventory level to RBI. along with it, this step provides a deep study about the Indian manufacturing sector’s demands.
S&P reduces Indian growth forecast to 1.8 pc
- On friday, S&P Global Ratings has estimated about Indian growth forecast. S&P stated in its report that Thr growth of India will be 1.8 per cent during current fiscal. before it, S&P forecasted to be 3.5 per cent. Due to Covid-19 pandemic lockdown in India, India growth rate will drop, stated by S&P Global Ratings.
About Standard & Poor’s Global Ratings :
Headquarters: New York, United States
Founder: Henry Varnum Poor
UP as 1st State to geotag its 7,368 community kitchens
- The Uttar Pradesh state has got an achievement to be the first state who has geotaged its all 7,368 community kitchens and community shelters in the 75 districts of state which are producing almost 12 lakh food packets per day.
About Uttar Pradesh :
Governor: Anandiben Patel
Chief minister: Yogi Adityanath
Science And Technology
Kerala institute makes a cheap, faster testing kit for coronavirus testing
- The Kerala-based institute has prepared successfully a new Covid-19 testing kit. which is cheap kit and produces fast result to test coronavirus. this new kit will be cost around 1000 Rupess only.
Discovey of New Lithium (Li)-rich giant stars by IIA researchers
- The researchers of Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA) has got success to find hundreds of Lithium (Li)-rich giant stars. this new discovery points that Li is being procreated in the stars and ascribes for its abundance in the interstellar medium.
About Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA) :
Location : Bengaluru, Karnataka
Director: Annapurni Subramaniam
Magnetic RAM introduced by IIT-Mandi
- The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Mandi’s Researchers has made a new type of magnetic Random Access Memory (RAM). this RAM is faster, more energy-efficient and it has ability to store more information in a smaller volume than existing data storage technologies.
About Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Mandi –
Director: Timothy A. Gonsalves
G20 Health Ministers Meeting
- Dr. Harsh Vardhan, Minister of Health and Family Welfare became the part of G20 Health Ministers Meeting through a video conference. the meeting aim was to discuss about Forge cooperation and mutually respectful and useful collaborations that can be used against COVID-19 disease.
- G20 Nations are such as Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, Germany, France, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, South Korea, Turkey, UK, USA and India.
Sydney Comedy Festival
- 20 April 2019 Current Affairs: Sydney Comedy Festival comes every year and is a kind of a comedy festival which is observed in Sydney, Australia.
- First time, the Sydney Comedy Festival was happened in 2015. later, it became popular in Australia. now, this Festival attracts 111,000 patrons every year.
About Australia :
Capital – Canberra
Largest city – Sydney
National language – English
Governor-General : David Hurley
Prime Minister : Scott Morrison
Deputy Prime Minister : Michael McCormack
Currency – Australian dollar (AUD).
Chinese Language Day
- The Day of 20th April is considered as Chinese Language Day. this day points out about contribution of Chinese literature, poetry, and language. the main aim is to educate people about the history of the Chinese language. Read More
Today Current Affairs 20 April 2020
Q.1 what is S&P global Rating?
S&P Global Ratings is known as credit rating agency of America that issues reports on financial research and analysis on stocks, bonds, and commodities. S&P is a largest of the Big Three credit-rating agencies after Moody’s Investors Service and Fitch Ratings.
Q.2 What is OBICUS of RBI?
RBI perform OBICUS quarterly that means 4 times a year. the manufacturing companies will give volunteer information on their inventory level to RBI. along with it, this step provides a deep study about the Indian manufacturing sector’s demands.