Today Current Affairs 17 August 2022 | Current affairs today pdf download – Current Affairs for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Top 10 Current News of the day, Important events in National Current News, and International Current News.
Indian Railway Protection Force Launched “Operation Yatri Suraksha”
Indian Railway Protection Force (RPF) has launched a pan-India operation or initiative called Operation Yatri Suraksha. Under the Operation Yatri Suraksha initiative, several steps will be taken to provide round-the-clock security to passengers.
- The RPF launched a month-long pan-India drive to begin Operation Yatri Suraksha against criminals who loot passengers in July 2022.
- The RPF caught 365 suspects who were handed over to the concerned GRPs for legal action.
- Various steps including train escorting, visible presence on stations, surveillance through CCTV, surveillance on active criminals, collection of intelligence about the criminals will be taken.
State Bank of India launched “Utsav fixed deposit scheme”
State Bank of India (SBI) has launched a unique term deposit programme named “Utsav Deposit Scheme” on the occasion of the nation’s 76th year of Independence, celebrated as Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav. This fixed deposit Utsav fixed deposit scheme is having higher interest rates and will be only available for a limited time.
- SBI will offer an interest rate of 6.10% per annum on fixed deposits with a tenure of 1000 days.
- senior citizens will be provided with an additional interest rate of 0.50% over and above the regular rate.
- These rates will come into effect as of 15th August 2022 and the scheme is valid for 75 days period.
Kotak Mahindra Bank launched “Kotak Crème” lifestyle-focused corporate salary account
Kotak Mahindra Bank launched a lifestyle-focused salary account called “Kotak Creme” which will offer an upgraded experience to its customers working in MNCs, retails, law firms, unicorns and so on. The “Kotak Crème” lifestyle-focused corporate salary account will be available to all corporates in the country and will also include a host of privileges and rewards across lifestyle, travel, healthcare, dining, skilling and learning experiences.
- Kotak Crème has been launched in Bengaluru owing to the city’s diverse hotbed of talent and corporates.
- Each salary account will have its preferential banking services, such as a complimentary Zen Credit Card.
- The account holder can avail of complimentary airport lounge access and also gift Privy League privileges to their family members.
- Kotak Crème will also offer subscriptions to top lifestyle brands offering Health & Wellness, Lifestyle, Entertainment, Knowledge/Learning & Fitness experiences.
Govt appointed 11 new High Court Judges in Punjab & Haryana
The government of India has announced the appointments of 11 High Court Judges in the Punjab and Haryana High Courts including the names Nidhi Gupta, Sanjay Vashisth, Tribhuvan Dahiya, Namit Kumar, Harkesh Manuja, Aman Chaudhary, Naresh Singh, Harsh Bunger, Jagmohan Bansal, Deepak Manchanda and Alok Jain.
- The Punjab and Haryana High Court has 46 judges against the sanctioned strength of 85 with around a dozen of the 46 judges set to retire in the next two years.
- With the appointment of new additional judges, the number of judges will reach 57.
- the govt appointed 26 High Court Judges in the High Courts of Allahabad, Andhra, Telangana, Gauhati, Orissa, and Himachal Pradesh on 13th August 2022.
Indian American journalist Uma Pemmaraju passes away at 64
An Indian American journalist, Uma Pemmaraju passed away at the age of 64. ma Pemmaraju joined various shows including The Fox Report, Fox News Live, Fox News Now, and Fox On Trends.
- Along with it, She was awarded many Emmy Awards in her career for investigative reporting and journalism.
- She won the Texas AP Award and the Matrix Award from the Women in Communications for reporting.
- Pemmaraju was featured as one of Spotlight Magazine’s “20 Intriguing Women of 1998.”
- She received The Woman of Achievement Award from The Big Sisters Organization of America.
- Pemmaraju showed the way for Indian American journalists in the field of investigative reporting and won numerous Emmy Awards over the span of her career.
******** END ********
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.