Today Current Affairs 11 August 2022 | Current affairs today pdf download – Current Affairs for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Top 10 Current News of the day, Important events in National Current News, and International Current News.
Narendra Singh Tomar laid foundation stone for Indo-Israel Center of Excellence for Vegetables in UP’s Chandauli
The Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Shri Narendra Singh Tomar laid the foundation stone of the Indo-Israel Center of Excellence for Vegetables in Chandauli (Uttar Pradesh) through video conferencing.
- Indo-Israel Center of Excellence for Vegetable establishment will help in the development of Chandauli district as well as the Purvanchal region.
- farmers will be distributed seeds and plants of improved vegetables.
- Farmers will benefit in increasing the production of vegetables.
Morgan Stanley Projects India to be the fastest-growing Asian economy in FY23 with GDP at 7%
Morgan Stanley has expected that India will be the fastest-growing Asian economy country in the Asian region in the FY2022-23.
- As per the Morgan Stanley report, the gross domestic product (GDP) growth of the Indian economy has been estimated at 7% in 2022-23 (FY23).
- This rate is the strongest among the largest economies and contributes 28% to Asia and 22% to global growth.
Justice Uday Umesh Lalit appointed as 49th Chief Justice of India
Justice Uday Umesh Lalit was appointed as the 49th Chief Justice of India with President Droupadi Murmu signing his warrant of appointment. Justice Uday Umesh Lalit will assume charge on August 27 as the 49th Chief Justice of India after incumbent N V Ramana demits office the day before.
- Justice Lalit will be the second CJI who was directly promoted to the apex court bench from the Bar.
- In 1971, Justice S M Sikri became the 13th CJI.
- Justice Lalit is a renowned senior advocate and was appointed a judge of the Supreme Court on August 13, 2014.
- He shifted his practice to Delhi in January 1986, and in April 2004, he was designated as a senior advocate by the apex court.
- He was also appointed a special public prosecutor for the CBI to conduct the trial in the 2G spectrum allocation case.
Nitish Kumar Takes Oath as Bihar CM for 8th Time
Nitish Kumar took oath as the Chief Minister of Bihar for a record eighth time and has formed a government with Tejashwi Yadav’s Rashtriya Janata Dal and other parties as a new “Grand Alliance”. Tejashwi Yadav has taken oath as his deputy.
- The 71-year-old JD(U) leader first took an oath as chief minister in 2000.
- In 2005, He was back with his coalition to win an absolute majority in the assembly polls.
Uzbekistan won the gold medal in the Open section of the 44th Chess Olympiad
the team Uzbekistan has won the gold medal in the Open section of the 44th Chess Olympiad. Team Armenia won silver and the India-2 team received bronze in Open Section.
- Ukraine won the gold medal and followed by Team Georgia won the silver and the India-1 team won the bronze medal in the women’s section.
- The 44th Chess Olympiad was held by FIDE in Chennai, India between July 28 and August 09, 2022.
- India hosted the 44th edition of the Chess Olympiad for the first time.
- 1,737, including 937 in the Open and 800 in the Women’s event participants joined.
Tennis legend Serena Williams announces her retirement after US Open
Serena Williams Tennis legend from the United States has announced her retirement from tennis after the 2022 U.S. Open, which will be held from August 29 to September 11, 2022.
- During her tennis career, She has won 73 singles titles, 23 doubles titles and over $94 million in career winnings.
AIADMK’s first MP Maya Thevar passes away at 87
Former Member of Parliament (MP) and senior All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (AIADMK) politician K. Maya Thevar has passed away at the age of 87 due to age-related illness.
- K. Maya Thevar was the first MP of the AIADMK.
- He also directed the party to enter the world of politics by registering the party’s first victory by contesting a by-election to the Dindigul Lok Sabha constituency in 1973.
- he left the AIADMK party and joined the DMK party.
Former South African Umpire Rudi Koertzen died at 73 in car crash
Former South African international umpire Rudi Koertzen passed away at the age of 73 due to a car crash. He is survived by his wife and four children.
- Rudi Koertzen was one of the most respected umpires in world cricket from the late 1990s till 2010.
- Koertzen officiated in nearly 400 international games.
- Koertzen entered the ICC’s Elite Panel in the year 2002 and remained a part of it for 8 years.
- During his tenure, Former South African international umpire Rudi Koertzen officiated as an on-field and TV umpire in as many as 397 games, including 128 Test matches, a record 250 ODIs, and 19 T20 Internationals.
******** END ********
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.