Today Current Affairs 11 April 2020 :
Latest Current Affairs with all basic data, Be the first to know all the Today Current Affairs 11 April 2020 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important occasions in National Current News just as International level with clear clarification. For every single serious test and Interviews, furnish yourself with the Latest Current Affairs 11 April 2020 conceded here.
Today Current Affairs 11 April 2020
Ex gratia compensation for FCI’s officials approved by Govt
- The Indian Government has accepted to give ex-gratia monetary compensation to 1,08,714 employees and officers of the Food Corporation of India (FCI). The union minister for food and consumer affairs minister Ram Vilas Paswan shared this information.
Under G2G agreement, India will export wheat to Afghanistan and Lebanon
- India is going to export almost one lakh tonnes of wheat to Afghanistan and Lebanon countries under the government to government (G2G) arrangement. in 2020, india is looking for production of 106.21 million tonnes compared to last year more than 2.61 million tonnes.
Meeting between G-20 finance ministers and central bank Governors on 15 April
- On 15 April, G-20 nations are going to arrange a meeting to discuss the way forward in supporting the economy after the COVID-19 pandemic. the Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman and RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das will join this meeting. before it, the Extraordinary Energy Ministers meeting held in last month on 31 March.
- During the meeting, G-20 leaders will provide their suggestions to deal with the aftermath of COVID-19.
Bharat Padhe Online campaign
- in New Delhi, The Union Minister for Human Resource Development Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ has begun a the ‘Bharat Padhe Online’ campaign on 10 April 2020. it purposed to improve the Online Education ecosystem of India.
Bharat Padhe Online:
People can share their ideas on email id – [email protected] and on twitter by using # BharatPadheOnline up to 16 April 2020. on the other hand, Twitter people will need to tag @HRDMinistry and @DrRPNishank can be used for sharing purpose.
Amazon decides to establish coronavirus testing lab for its employees
- Amazon is planning to set up a lab that will be testing for COVID-19 virus for its employees. this step is for protect its delivery employees and delivery drivers who are giving essential products to customers sheltering at home. to set up a lab, company appointed team of scientists, software engineers and procurement specialists.
Founded on: 5 July 1994
Headquarters: Seattle, Washington DC, United States
Founder & CEO: Jeff Bezos
CTO: Werner Vogels
To combat with coronavirus, CSIR-CMERI setting up Disinfection Walkways and Road Sanitizer Unit
- CSIR-Central Mechanical Engineering Research Institute (CMERI) has worked to make technologies and products namely Disinfection Walkways and Road Sanitizer Unit.
India exports hydroxychloroquine drug to best friend Israel
- India has exported almost 5 tonnes of cargo of medicines, including anti-malarial drug hydroxychloroquine to best friend Israel. the cargo includes chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine drugs. india is world’s largest producer and exporter of the drug.
Congressmen and Leader Ramkrishna Dwivedi passed away
- The veteran leader and Congressmen Ramkrishna Dwivedi has taken his last breath at the age of 87 years old. He was suffering with prolonged illness.
Business and economy
Increment in Fiscal deficit due to lockdown
- The Indian Government has released data about India’s fiscal deficit. in February month 2020, it was at 5.07% of gross domestic product (GDP). due to the COVID-19 pandemic, government has been unabled to achieve its revised target of 3.8% of GDP.
ADB announces 2.2 billions dollars to india combating with coronavirus pandemic
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) will $2.2 billion (about Rs.16,500 crore) fund to india for fighting with COVID-19 pandemic.
- it targets to indian health sector and will help alleviate the economic impact of the pandemic on the poor.
World homeopathy day
- The day of 10 April is observed as The World homeopathy day annually. it aims to give honor Dr. Samuel Hahnemann who was the father of the Homoeopathic system of medicines.
National Pet Day
- The day of 11 April is celebrated as National Pet Day every year. this day’s purpose is to spur people to help reduce the number of animals in shelters.