Today Current Affairs 1 April 2020
Dear Student, Today Current Affairs 1 April 2020 for Banking/Insurance/SSC/IPS/IAS and other related exams.
Centre extends crop loan interest benefits to farmers till 31 May
Due to lockdown in nation for stop spreading Covid-19 Virus, the Centre has extended the benefits of 2% Interest Subvention to Banks and 3% Prompt Repayment Incentive to all farmers till 31 May this year.
- Along with it, The interest subsidy extends to all crop loans upto 3 lakh rupees given by banks that are being due or have been due between 1st of this month to 31 May, 2020.
To foreign tourists stuck in India, Tourism Ministry launches ‘Stranded in India’ portal
The Tourism Ministry has started a new portal ‘Stranded in India’ for helping foreign tourists who are stuck in various parts of the country. the main purpose of it is to extend support to the foreign tourists who are stranded in India.
- in move to help foreign tourists, Ministry of Tourism comes up with a portal to disseminate information regarding the services that can be benifited by foreign tourists who are stuck far away from their nation.
“Active Case Finding Campaign” begins in Himachal Pradesh
The Himachal Pradesh govt has launched Active Case Finding Campaign for COVID 19 patients.
- During the campaign, health workers would avail people information regarding symptoms of Covid-19 to the people at doorsteps.
- Under ACF Campaign, ASHA workers will visit every house in the village and gather health information of every person with two person’s team.
- moreover, will share information with the department through Google form.
Modi Kitchen introduced in Kovai Coimbatore tamilnadu
in Kovai (Coimbatore), Modi Kitchen has been intorduced with having capacity of serving 500 meals every day.
- Modi Kitchen will deliver food parcels within a radius of 10 kms.
- Parcels include a main dish, two kinds of side dishes and a sweet.
- the Common Service Centre will continue providing the service till April 14th.
Post Office on Wheels’ services
During the coronavirus lockdown, The India Post extended its ‘Post Office on Wheels’ services in Agra and Bareilly in order to ensure seamless delivery of posts and services to the citizens
UN gives 2.5 trillion dollars as coronavirus crisis package to developing countries
the United Nations has called for 2.5 trillion dollars amount package for developing countries that are facing unprecedented economic damage from the COVID-19 crisis.
- this step will turn expressions of international solidarity into meaningful global action.
- in comparison to the 2008 global financial crisis, the pandemic has hit developing countries dramaticlly.
BANKING & FINANCE
BharatPe shake hands with CICI Lombard for COVID-19 cover for shopkeepers
A digital transactions interface for merchants, BharatPe has shaked hands with general insurer ICICI Lombard for a lowest cost COVID-19 insurance cover for shopkeepers acrossIndia.
- The ‘COVID-19 Protection Insurance Cover’ will start at an affordable premium of Rs199 with Rs 25,000 cover and if a shopkeeper is found positive of COVID-19 then will pay 100 percentage of the sum insured irrespective of hospitalization expenses.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
FPI limit in corporate bonds increased to 15% for FY21
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) increased the limit for “foreign portfolio investors’ (FPI) investment in corporate bonds to 15% of outstanding stock for FY2020-21.
- FPIs invest 3.17 lakh crore rupees in Indian corporate bonds at present.
- now, they will hold 4.29 lakh crore rupees of corporate bonds for the half year ended September 2020, and 5.41 lakh crore rupees for the half year ending March 2021.
Legendary historian Arjun Dev passed away
The legendary educationist and historian Professor Arjun Dev has passed away in Noida.
- he worked as a historian at the National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT).
- He wrote a number of extremely popular textbooks for the NCERT on Modern and Contemporary India and the World during partnership with Indira.
- NCERT discontinued One of his books and Orient Blackswan as “History of the World: From the Late 19th to the Early 20th century” book republished.
“Star Wars” actor Andrew Jack passed away
Due to COVID-19, Star Wars’ actor Andrew Jack passed away at the age of 76. Jack was a dialect coach and an actor. he had worked with actors on films like ‘Men in Black: International’, ‘Thor: Ragnarok’, ‘The Lord of the Rings trilogy’ and two ‘Avengers’ movie.
End of Today Current Affairs 1 April 2020, Today Current Affairs 1 April 2020 news
Q.1 Who was Andrew Jack?
Andrew Jack was a dialect coach and an actor. he performed his acting in Men in Black: International’, ‘Thor: Ragnarok’ and Avengers movies. recently he passed away due to COVID-19.
Q.2 who was Professor Arjun Dev
Professor Arjun Dev was a legendary educationist and historian. he had worked as historian at the National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT).
Q.3 how much amount UN gives coronavirus crisis package to developing Nations?
UN announces 2.5 trillion dollars amount package for developing countries that are facing crisis due to COVID-19.
Q.4 What is Modi Kitchen ?
Modi Kitchen is a Kitchen that will serve 500 meals every day. meal includes a main dish, two kinds of side dishes and a sweet.