Third Rashtriya Poshan Maah 2020
India is celebrating 3rd Rashtriya Poshan Maah which comes in September month. it aims to address the problem of malnutrition among women and children. Poshan Maah was begun in the year 2018 and it is observed in India under POSHAN Abhiyaan.
- The main objective of it is to motivate people to make Jan Bhagidaari for health and nutrition. During the CoronaVirus Disease, the Women and Child Development Ministry are making a lot of efforts to motivate citizens to observe Poshan Maah using digital platforms.
Main Focus –
- 27th August 2020, Shrimati Smriti Zubin Irani has headed a meeting and Ram Mohan Mishra Secretary at Ministry of Women & Child Development discussed with UTs and States Ministers.
- A plan for bringing Nutrition to focus via their verticals.
- Organizing Nutrition e-quiz and meme-making competition for students.
- Organizing special committee meetings in gram panchayat
- Aims to promote Nutri-Gardens with the support of MGNREGA.
PM Modi on Nutrition’s importance –
- On 30rd August 2020, PM Modi discussed the importance of nutrition in our lives during the radio programme “Mann ki Baat”.