Thaawarchand Gehlot launches Sugamya Bharat App
On 2nd March 2021, the Social Justice and Empowerment Union Minister Shri Thaawarchand Gehlot has launched the “Sugamya Bharat App” and also launched a handbook named “Access – The Photo Digest”.
- The Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (DEPwD) has developed The App and the handbook.
- Users can download the app from Google Playe Store. however, the iOS version is to be rolled out by 15th March 2021.
Sugamya Bharat APP benefits
- It is a Crowdsourcing Mobile App and it will increase accessibility in the 3 pillars of the Accessible India Campaign i.e. built environment, transportation sector and ICT ecosystem in India.
- It will offer 5 features which 4 features will be associated with enhancing accessibility and one will be related to Divyangjan for COVID related issues.
Sugamya Bharat App
- simple to use
- offers easy registration process
- any one can raise issues.
- Will be available in 10 regional languages such as Hindi, English, Marathi, Tamil, Odiya, Kannada, Telugu, Gujarati, Punjabi, and Malayalam.
Access – The Photo Digest Handbok
- It has a collection of photographs from across different States and UTs.
- it will play a role as a tool and guide to sensitise stakeholders regarding accessibility features.
SHRI THAAWARCHAND GEHLOT TO VIRTUALLY INAUGURATE THE SUGAMYA BHARAT APP AND RELEASE THE PHOTO DIGEST BOOK ON 2 ND MARCH 2021.— Disability Affairs (@socialpwds) February 28, 2021
The programme will be webcast live at the following link⬇️
https://t.co/DmqAIHxY2f@TCGEHLOT @PIB_India @MIB_India @mygovindia pic.twitter.com/VIW4J7cWi1