Thaawarchand Gehlot Launches SAGE Programme and Portal to support India’s Elderly Persons
On 4th June 2021, The Social Justice and Empowerment Union Minister Mr. Thaawarchand Gehlot has launched an initiative called, SAGE (Seniorcare Aging Growth Engine) and also introduced the SAGE portal to support India’s elderly persons.
- The SAGE portal will be a “one-stop access” of elderly care products and services by credible start-ups.
- The SAGE portal will be started for applications from 5th June 2021 onwards.
- The start-ups will be selected on the basis of innovative products and services, which they should be able to provide across sectors such as health, housing, care centers, apart from technological access linked to finances, food and wealth management, and legal guidance.
- The SAGE project aims to identify, evaluate, verify, aggregate, and deliver products, solutions, and services directly to the stakeholders.
- The Ministry will act as a facilitator, enabling the elderly to access the products through these identified start-ups.
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.