Tata Group appoints Campbell Wilson as CEO & MD of Air India – The Tata Group has appointed the CEO of Singapore Airlines’ wholly-owned low-cost subsidiary Scoot Campbell Wilson as Air India’s new Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Managing Director (MD).
- Wilson is the Tata Group’s 2nd attempt at hiring a CEO-MD for Air India.
- Prior to this, CEO-designate, former Turkish Airlines chairman Ilker Ayci declined to take up the position due to“attempts” to paint his appointment “with undesirable colours”.
Who is Campbell Wilson
- He is a career executive with the Singapore Airlines group, where he started working as a management trainee in New Zealand in 1996.
- He also served for SIA in Canada, Hong Kong and Japan before returning to Singapore in 2011 as the founding CEO of Scoot.
- He served as the Senior Vice President, Sales & Marketing, of SIA.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.