Submarine cable connectivity to Andaman and Nicobar Islands
11 August 2020 Current Affairs: PM Modi commenced the submarine cable connectivity to Andaman & Nicobar Islands (CANI) via a video conferencing on 10th August 2020. The submarine Optical Fibre Cable (OFC) will play a role to establish a connection with Andaman & Nicobar Islands to the mainland. on 30th Dec 2018, PM laid this project at Port Blair.
What is CANI –
- It will ensure endless connectivity opportunities in the islands.
- CAN will establish connectivity between Chennai and Port Blair and Port Blair and Little Andaman, Swaraj Island.
- CANI will increase the opportunities in the Andaman & Nicobar Islands.
- As surveying in the deep sea, Almost 2300 kilometres cables have been laid under the sea.
- it will ensure to maintain the quality of the cable with specialized vessels.
- CANI is going to offer the cheap and best connectivity to the people of Andaman & Nicobar Islands.
- a hub of Port Led Development will be installed in Andaman & Nicobar including Infrastructure.