South Korea Test Fires First Submarine-Launched Ballistic Missile
On 15th September 2021, South Korea successfully test-fired a submarine-launched ballistic missile (SLBM), has become only the 7th country in the world with advanced technology.
- Other countries including United States, Russia, China, Britain, France, North Korea, and India have tested or developed SLBMs.
- South Korea has become the 1st country in the world to develop SLBM without nuclear weapons.
About submarine-launched ballistic missile:
- It is a ballistic missile that can be launched from submarines.
- such missiles can carry a nuclear warhead.
- It can travel over 5,500 kilometres (3,000 nmi) range.
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.