RBI’s Banknote Survey: Rs 100 is the most preferred banknote – The Reserve Bank of India’s Banknote Survey of Consumers’ findings have shown that Rs100 was the most preferred and but Rs 2,000 was the least preferred denomination.
- The survey has been published in the Reserve Bank of India Annual Report 2022.
- As per the survey Rs, 100 notes were most preferred by Indian citizens, while Rs 2000 notes were the least preferred.
- The total number of Rs 2000 notes comprised only 214 crores or 1.6% of the total currency notes in circulation.
RBI Survey of Consumers on Bank Notes:
- The survey was conducted in rural, semi-urban, urban and metropolitan areas of 28 states and three union territories with a diverse sample of 11,000 respondents.
- The survey included 351 visually impaired respondents (VIR).
- The survey covered respondents who are aged 18 to 79 years with a gender representation of 60:40 for males and females.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.