- Rs. 1278 is divided among 6 Cats, 5 Dogs and 3 Hourse . The ratio of share of a Cat , a Dog and a Hourse is 8: 11: 13. What is the share of a Cat ?
- Mukesh has 3 different kinds of pens costing Rs 2, Rs 5 and Rs 10. He spends a total Rs. 140 on the pens . How many pens minimum and maximum we can buy with one condition we must buy from all varieties?
A) 19, 63
B) 20, 60
C) 22, 62
D) 17, 56
- There are two boxs of equal capacity . The ratio of red color to blue color in 1st can 5:3 and in 2nd can is 4:3. If we mix them , what will be the new ratio?
- In a IBPS exam list , the number of passed Candidates was four times the number of failed Candidates . If there had been 35 fewer appeared Candidates in list and 9 more failed in list , the ratio of passed and failed Candidates in list would have been 2 : 1, then the total number of Candidates appeared for the exam according to list ?
- If 8 Boys and 3 Girls working together, can do four times as much work per hour as a Boy and a Girl together. Find the ratio of the work done by a Girl and that of a Boy for a given time ?
- Rs 1440 were distributed among Amir ,Bala ,Chamkor and Dipak in such a way that Chamkor and Dipak together gets half of what Amir and Bala together gets and Chamkor gets one third amount of Bala . Also Dipak gets 5/3 times as much as Chamkor . what is the amount of Amir ?
- The value of a Ring is directly proportional to the square of its weight. A Ring unfortunately breaks into three pieces with weights in the ratio of 3: 4: 5, thus a loss of Rs. 9.4 lakh is incurred. What is the actual value of Ring :
A) 15 Lakh
B) 18 Lakh
C) 16.5 Lakh
D) 14.4 Lakh
- a child receives Pen , book and pencil in the ratio of 2 : 5 : 7 in terms of dozen. But the weight of a pencil is 35 gm and weight of a Pen and book are in the ratio of 5 : 6, while the weight of an book is 180 gm. Find the ratio of all the three items in terms of weight, that an a child gets:
- A lion leaps 6 leaps for every 4 leaps of a bear, but 4 leaps of the bear are equal to 5 leaps of the lion . What is the ratio of the speed of the lion to that of the bear ?
- The books in three boxs are in the ratio 8 : 9 : 11. If 15 books are increased in each boxs , the ratio changes to 11 : 12 : 14. Then the total number of books in the three boxs before the increase is:
Ratio and Proportion Practice Set 1 Answer :
Question 1) : B
Question 2) : A
Question 3) : C
Question 4) : D
Question 5) : C
Question 6) : B
Question 7) : D
Question 8) : B
Question 9) : C
Question 10) : C