Rajya Sabha passes Coconut Development Board (Amendment) Bill 2021
On 30th July 2021, Rajya Sabha has passed the Coconut Development Board (Amendment) Bill, 2021. The Coconut Development Board (Amendment) Bill, 2021 amends Sector 4 of the Coconut Development Board Act, 1979. It will make the Chairman of the Coconut Development Board a non-executive position. now, the number of members of the Board will be increased from four to six. the bill allows Gujarat and Andhra Pradesh states to nominate their representatives to the Board.
- It aims at developing coconut cultivation in the country, will also increase the income of the coconut farmers, and extend facilities for them said by Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare Narendra Singh Tomar.
Coconut Industry in India
- In the World, India is one of the largest coconut producers.
- In terms of coconut production, India ranks 1st and 3rd in the area in the world.
- Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, and Kerala are the major coconut-producing Indian states.
- India has started exporting coconut oil to Indonesia, Malaysia, and Sri Lanka from the year 2016.
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.