Rajiv Kumar appointed as next Chief Election Commissioner, to take charge on May 15 – The Union Ministry of Law and Justice has announced to appoint Mr Rajiv Kumar as the next Chief Election Commissioner (CEC) from May 15 in pursuance of clause (2) of Article 324 of the Constitution. Rajiv Kumar will replace CEC Sushil Chandra, who is due to retire.
- Kumar took charge as the Election Commissioner of the Election Commission of India (ECI) on September 1, 2020.
- Kumar also served as the chairman of the Public Enterprises Selection Board.
- He joined as the PESB chairman in April 2020.
- He is an officer of the 1984 batch of the Indian Administrative Service of the Bihar/Jharkhand cadre, superannuated from the IAS in February 2020.
Who is Chief Election Commissioner (CEC) Rajiv Kumar
- He was born on February 19, 1960, and is having academic degrees including BSc, LLB, PGDM, and a master’s in Public Policy.
- Along with it, hr has over 37 years of experience working for the government across ministries at the Centre and state cadre across the social sector, environment and forests, human resources, finance, and the banking sectors.
- He also served as Director, Central Board of Reserve Bank of India (RBI), SBI, NABARD; Member, Economic Intelligence Council (EIC); Member, Financial Stability and Development Council (FSDC); Member, Bank Board Bureau (BBB); Member, Financial Sector Regulatory Appointments Search Committee (FSRASC).
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.