Punjab CM Channi gave tag of ‘state festival’ to Jagannath Rath Yatra – Charanjit Singh Channi, Chief Minister of Punjab state has announced to declare Lord Krishna Balram Jagannath Rath Yatra as an annual state festival.
- Punjab CM also has announced a grant of Rs 2.51 crore for the Iskcon Temple in Ludhiana, Punjab.
- The state govt is developing the Bhagavad Gita and Ramayana Research Centre on a 20-acre land in Patiala.
- The International Society for Krishna Consciousness (ISKCON) conducts the Rath Yatra for devotees of the Hindu community.
- Jagannath Rath Yatra is considered the 2nd largest congregation of Lord Jagannath after the historic Jagannath Yatra of Puri in Odisha.
- Capital: Chandigarh
- Governor: Banwarilal Purohit
- Chief minister: Charanjit Singh Channi
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.