Pune-based Harshit Raja becomes 69th Chess Grandmaster of India
The 20-year-old Chess player Harshit Raja has become the 69th Grandmaster of India in Chess. Harshit hails from Pune, Maharashtra.
- On August 3rd, 2021, he achieved the feat of being the GM (Grandmaster ) at Biel Masters Open 2021 where he played draw against Dennis Wagner to get his final GM norm with one round to spare.
About Harshit Raj, 69th Chess Grandmaster of India
- In 2014, he has silver in the U-13 National Chess Championship in Jamshedpur and won gold in the SGFI Nationals held in Tamil Nadu the same year.
- In 2015, He represented India in World Youth Chess Championship U-14 in Greece.
- In Pune, he was awarded ‘Best Upcoming Player’ in Maharashtra Chess League.
- In 2017, Raja becomes an International Master and, was honored with the Shiv Chhatrapati award in 2019.
- He is pursuing a dual major in economics and finance from University of Missouri.
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.