Pradhan Mantri Jan-Dhan Yojana complete 6 Years
On 28th August 2020, Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojna (PMJDY) has completed its 6-years duration. 6 years ago, PMJDY was begun in 2014. PMJDY is known as a foundation stone for BJP govt for people-centric economic initiatives.
About Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY) –
The main purpose of this scheme is to make financial services to ensure such as Banking/ Savings & Deposit Accounts, Insurance, Pension and so on are included.
Also Read: Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana 2020
- The Slogan of PMJDY – “Mera Khata – Bhagya Vidhaata.”
- Department of Financial Services is working to implement this scheme and Financial Services dept functions under the Union Finance Ministry.
6 (Six) Pillars of Yojana –
- Create an Universal access to all banking services
- The person will be able to get an overdraft facility of 10,000 Rupees and will also have Basic savings bank account.
- Financial Literacy Programs such as ATMs usage, insurance and pensions, savings promotion and offering basic mobile phones services for banking
- Making a Credit Guarantee Fund
- Insurance service – People will get Insurance of 1,00,000 Rupees as Accident cover and will be given 30,000 Rupees as life cover.
- Pension scheme
Extension of PMJDY What new things Added-
The Centre has planned to prolong the PMJDY program from 28th August 2018 and new things were added with PMJDY.
- Prior to this, The focus of Yojana was on ‘Every Household’ but now, it shifts to ‘Every Unbanked Adult’.
- RuPay Card Insurance available – RuPay cards holders will get 2 lakh rupees as accidental insurance cover.
- Overdraft Limit Increase – OD limit has been increased to 10000 Rupees from 500 rupees (No terms and Conditions apply).
- Age limit – Age is from 60 to 65 years.
- The total of PMJDY Accounts holders has crossed the 40 crore mark and reached at 40.35 Crore. in which 63.6 per cent Accounts are from rural PMJDY and 55.2 per cent accounts by Women PMJDY.
- 34.81 crore accounts (almost 86 per cent ) are in use.
- 1.31 lakh crore Rupees has been deposited by Account holders under PMJDY
- Almost eight crore people are directly receiving direct benefit transfer (DBT) from the centre.
Jan Dhan Darshak App –
Jan Dhan Darshak App was introduced which aimed to offer a platform to all citizens in order to locate banking touchpoints including bank branches, ATMs, Bank Mitras, Post Offices. Jan Dhan Darshak App is also in use for locating villages.