PM Modi launches ‘Vehicle Scrappage Policy’
On 13th August 2021, Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi attended and addressed the Investor Summit in Gujarat via video conference. the Summit was held to set up vehicle scrapping infrastructure in Ahmedabad., Gujarat.
- Also, PM Modi has launched the National Automobile Scrappage Policy.
- The new policy will invite investment for setting up vehicle scrapping infrastructure under the Voluntary Vehicle-Fleet Modernization Program.
- PM Modi described the policy as a ‘waste-to-wealth mission’
- also, he has Askd the youth & start-ups to join this programme.
- The main objective of the vehicle scrapping infrastructure is to phase out unfit and polluting vehicles in an environment-friendly manner.
- The Program will help in reducing pollution.
- It will provide a new job opportunities and boost demand for new vehicles.
Vehicle scrapping facility
- Gujarat government and auto major Tata Motors jointly will set up a vehicle scrapping facility in Ahmedabad.
- The scrappage centre will be for both passenger and commercial vehicles.
- The center will recycle up to 36,000 vehicles a year.
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.