PM Modi Launches Extension of SWAMITVA scheme, distribution of e-property cards
On 25th April 2021, India’s Prime Minister Narendra Modi has launched the distribution of e-property cards under the SWAMITVA scheme on the occasion of National Panchayati Raj Day.
- Narendra Singh Tomar was also present in the event.
- Also, 4.09 lakh property owners have been distributed e-property cards.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi said that Panchayati Raj Day is an occasion to rededicate ourselves to the pledge of the redevelopment of rural India. This is a day to acknowledge and appreciate the extraordinary work of our Gram Panchayats, he said.
What is the Swamitva Scheme
- SVAMITVA’s full form is Survey of Villages and Mapping with Improvised Technology in Village Areas.
- it was begun by Prime Minister on 24th April 2020.
- it aims to promote a socio-economically empowered and self-reliant rural India.
- SVAMITVA Scheme will cover around 6.62 Lakh villages to avail loans and other financial benefits of the entire country during 2021-2025.