PM begins three key projects to India in Bihar
- On 13th September 2020, The PM Shri Narendra Modi Ji has begun the three new key projects through a video conferencing which are associated with the Petroleum sector in Bihar. PM Modi dedicated projects to the country. The three projects will cost around 900 crore rupees.
The projects are:
- Durgapur-Banka section of the Paradip-Haldia-Durgapur Pipeline Augmentation Project
- Two LPG Bottling Plants – in East Champaran and Banka.
Durgapur-Banka section –
- Under Durgapur-Banka section, The pipeline has been installed for 193-km long by state-owned Indian Oil Corp (IOC).
- this can be called as part of 679-km Paradip-Haldia-Durgapur Pipeline Augmentation Project. On 17th February 2019, PM Modi laid the foundation stone for the project.
- The pipeline is having a 14-inch diameter and it will go through West Bengal, Jharkhand and Bihar states.
LPG Bottling Plants –
- The LPG Bottling Plants in East Champaran and Banka is having a capacity to be filled almost 80,000 cylinders in a day and every year, over 125 million cylinders could be filled under this project.
- The cost of Banka Plant has cost 131.75 crore rupees and East Champaran Plant is worth of 136.4 crore rupees.
- LPG Bottling Plants will play an important role to meet the demand for LPG in the state and it will also support Atmanirbhar Bihar.