Noted Padma writer Binapani Mohanty passes away at 85 – Padma Shri awardee (2020) and Eminent writer of Odisha Binapani Mohanty died at the age of 85. she was known for her best-known stories including Pata Dei, Khela Ghara, Naiku Rasta, Bastraharana, Andhakarara, Kasturi Murga O Sabuja Aranya and Michhi Michhika and so on.
- She founded an organisation of Odia women writers named ‘Odisha Lekhika Sansad.’
- She started her teaching career as a lecturer in the Economy in 1960.
- In 2020, Binapani Mohanty was conferred with the Padma Shri for her contribution to Odia literature.
- She also received the Adibadi Jagannath Das Puraskar – the highest literary award by the Odisha Sahitya Akademi, in 2019.
- She won the Sahitya Akademi award for her collection of short stories ‘Pata Dei’
- She received Sarala Samman from the Government of Odisha.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.