No Smoking Day 2021: History, Significance, Purpose
The 2nd Wednesday of March is observed as No Smoking Day across the world. in 2021, this day comes on 10th March.
No Smoking Day: Purpose
- The main purpose of this day is to create awareness and make people educated about the impact of tobacco through the cigarette and various other modes.
No Smoking Day: History
- In 1984, The movement for creating awareness regarding No Smoking was started in the United Kingdom on the day of Ash Wednesday. this day also helps people to quit smoking forever.
No Smoking Day: QUOTES
- “Today just might be the best day to start seriously thinking about quitting smoking.” -Alexander Woollcott
- “A cigarette is the only consumer product which when used as directed kills its consumer.” -Gro Brundtland
- “Every time you try to quit smoking you are actually getting closer to staying smoke-free.” -Henry Ford
- “You’re always better off if you quit smoking; it’s never too late.” -Loni Anderson
- “It is easier to prevent bad habits than to break them.” -Benjamin Franklin
- “Cigarettes are a classy way to commit suicide.” -Kurt Vonnegut
- “Smoking is suicide by instalments.” -H.M. Forester