Nigah Scheme by Himachal Pradesh State Govt –
- The Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh Shri Jai Ram Thakur Ji has decided to start the “Nigah” Scheme in the state. The main objective of it to sensitize and educate family members of people who are coming back from other states so that social distancing is effectively maintained.
Important Points –
- According to Nigah Scheme, a team will be made which will include ASHA workers, health workers, and Anganwadi workers. the team will go to houses of the family members of persons arriving from other states. Along with it, The team will educate family members and will tell about what is the importance of social distancing so that they can be saved from possible infection of COVID-19.
- in addition, The Chief Minister has said to mark the people houses who have come from other states under Nigah Scheme.
- he also mentioned that if a person doesn’t follow quarantine rules as a result, that strict action would be taken against them. the jumping from home quarantine may cause of harming their family members as well as society.
- moreover, persons have been said to download Aarogya Setu App to get Information Education Communication (IEC) material regarding the importance of social distancing.
About Himachal Pradesh –
Union territory – 1 November 1956
Statehood – 25 January 1971
Himachal Pradesh Capital – Shimla
Himachal Pradesh Total Districts – 12
Himachal Pradesh Governor – Bandaru Dattatreya
Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister – Jai Ram Thakur (BJP)
Himachal Pradesh State Animal – Musk Deer
Himachal Pradesh State Bird – Monal
Himachal Pradesh State Flower – Rhododendron
Himachal Pradesh State Tree – Deodar.
Q.1 What aim of Nigah Scheme?
Nigah Scheme aims to sensitize and educate family members of people who are coming back from other states so that social distancing is effectively maintained.
Q.2 How Nigah Scheme Works?
A team will be created which will consist of ASHA workers, health workers, and Anganwadi workers. the Team will go to houses of the family members of persons arriving from other states.