Navratri 2021: Date, History, Celebrations, Colours, and Significance
The Shardiya Navratri festival is dedicated to Goddess Durga. the meaning of Navratri is nine nights in Sanskrit. people worship Goddess Durga for nine days and is popularly known as Navdurga. in 2021, The Shardiya Navratri festival has started on 7th October 2021 (Thursday) and will end on October 15, 2021 (Friday).
- According to the Hindu Calendar, Navratri falls in the month of Ashwin in the Ritu season of Sharad and which is also called Sharad Navratri or Shardiya Navratri.
- In India, The Navratri festival is celebrated in several regions. In West Bengal, it is celebrated as Durga Puja. In Gujarat, Navratri is celebrated as nightlife.
|Sharad Navratri||falls on Shukla Paksha of the |
The month of Ashwin, mainly
|Chaitra Navratri||falls on Shukla Paksha of the |
the month of Chaitra mainly
falls in the month of March/April
|Ashad and Magha Navratri||–|
Shardiya Navratri 2021: Date and Days
|Day||Date||Puja and Avatars of Maa Durga|
|Day 1, Navratri||7th October (Thursday)||Ghatasthapana, Shailputri Puja|
|Day 2, Navratri||8th October (Friday)||Brahmacharini Puja|
|Day 3, Navratri||9th October (Saturday)||Chandraghanta Puja|
|Day 4, Navratri||10th October (Sunday)||Skandamata Puja|
|Day 5, Navratri||11th October (Monday)||Katyayani Puja|
|Day 6, Navratri||12th October (Tuesday)||Kalaratri Puja|
|Day7, Navratri||13th October (Wednesday)||Durga Ashtami, Mahagauri Puja|
|Day 8, Navratri||14th October (Thursday)||Maha Navami, Ayudha Puja|
|Day 9, Navratri||15th October (Friday)||Navratri Parana, Durga Visarjan|
Happy Navratri 2021: Wishes and Messages
Maa bharti jholi khali!
Maa Ambe vaishno wali!
Maa Sankat harna wali!
Maa Vipda Mitane wali!
Maa ke sabhi bhakto ko Navratri ki Hardik Subh Kamnayen!
Navratri ke pavan utsav par aapke ghar Durga ji ka agaman ho, aapke ghar mein sukh aur samruddhi ka vaas ho, yehi humari manokamna hai.
Happy Navratri 2021: Quotes
- “Dear Durga, give as much power you have to all girls to protect themselves from the invisible rakshasas on earth.” – Keerthi Chinta
- “The world which worships Mother Mary and goddess Durga also has experienced such heinous crimes against her daughters. – Debajani Mohanty
- “Devi-Mahatmayam has special meaning for spirituality,
- With illumination, wisdom, strength – to freedom finally!” – Munindra Misra
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.