National Press Day 2021: History, significance and quotes
Every year, National Press Day is observed on 16th November in the country. it aims to celebrate free and responsible press in India. this day honours the Press Council of India, a statutory and quasi-judicial establishment that acts as a moral watchdog that works to ensure that Indian journalists are not driven by any influence or external factors.
National Press Day 2021: History
- In India, The First Press Commission 1956 established a committee to protect the ethics of journalism and freedom of the press. Press Council was founded in order to monitor all journalistic activities to keep the credibility intact.
National Press Day 2021: quotes
- Our liberty depends on the freedom of the press, and that cannot be limited without being lost – Thomas Jefferson
- Freedom of the press is not just important to democracy, it is democracy – Walter Cronkite
- A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people – John F. Kennedy
- Freedom of the press is a precious privilege that no country can forego – Mahatma Gandhi
- Freedom of the press is guaranteed only to those who own one – A. J. Liebling
- A free press is one of the pillars of democracy – Nelson Mandela
- The press is not only free, it is powerful. That power is ours. It is the proudest that man can enjoy – Benjamin Disraeli
Also Read || Children’s Day observed on 14th November
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.