National Epilepsy Day 2021: Date, Significance
Every year, National epilepsy day is observed on 17th November in India. the main purpose of this day is to raise awareness about epilepsy disorder which is characterised by seizures or fits.
- epilepsy is a neurological disorder that affects the central nervous system.
- It is characterized by recurrent ‘seizures’ or ‘fits’.
Symptoms of epilepsy
- Loss of consciousness is very common
- One may feel stiffness in muscles of arms or legs or face
- Tingling sensation (feeling of pricking pins or needles) in arms or legs
- One may feel sudden twitching (uncontrollable jerking motions of the arms and legs)
(source: nhp.gov.in, who.int)
Also Read || Children’s Day observed on 14th November
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.