MoHUA Launches NIPUN Project For Promotion Of Upskilling Of 1 Lakh Nirman Workers – Union Minister of Housing and Urban Affairs Hardeep Singh Puri launched an innovative project called “National Initiative for Promoting Upskilling of Nirman workers (NIPUN)” on 20th June 2022 for skill training of 100,000 (one lakh) construction workers.
- The Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) launched the NIPUN project under its flagship scheme of the Deendayal Antyodaya-Yojana National Urban Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NULM).
- Under the NIPUN project, 100,000 construction workers will be trained through fresh skilling and upskilling programs which will provide them with work opportunities in foreign countries.
- The National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) will implement the NIPUN project. NSDC is the nodal agency under the Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship (MSDE), Government of India.
The NIPUN project implementation has been divided into three parts
- training through Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) at construction sites,
- training through Fresh skilling by Plumbing and Infrastructure SSC,
- International Placement through industries, builders, and contractors.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App