Mercer’s Cost of Living Survey 2022: Mumbai most expensive Indian city – 28th Edition of Mercer’s 2022 Cost of the Living Index has been released and as per the Index, Hong Kong has been ranked as the world’s most expensive city for employees sent abroad to work.
- Followed by Zurich, Geneva, Basel and Bern are the top five most expensive cities for international employees in the Mercer’s Cost of Living Survey 2022 respectively.
- The 28th edition of the annual index has ranked 227 cities across the world.
- Ankara (Turkey) has been ranked as the cheapest place for foreign employees to live as per the report and ranked at 227th place.
Mumbai most expensive Indian city in Mercer’s Cost of Living Survey 2022
- As per Mercer’s 2022 Cost of Living survey, Mumbai is the most costly city in India in terms of both living expenses and accommodation costs and was ranked 127th place.
- Followed by New Delhi (155th), Chennai (177th), Bengaluru (178th), and Hyderabad (192nd).
- On the other hand, Pune (201st) and Kolkata (203rd) are the least expensive Indian cities in the ranking.
Mercer’s Cost of Living index
- The main purpose of Mercer’s annual cost of living index is to help companies and governments determine pay packages for expatriate employees by measuring accommodation costs and the price of goods and services within local markets against their relative cost in New York City.
Mercer’s Cost of Living index – Top 10 Cities
- Hong Kong
- Tel Aviv
- Ne York
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App