Khelo India State Centres
- Under the Khelo India Scheme, The Ministry of Sports is planing to set up Khelo India State Centres of Excellence (KISCE). KISCE will aim to boost India’s performance in Olympic.
- Under new plan, one KISCE will be identified in every state and Union Territory (UT) in the country. this move will create a robust sporting ecosystem in India.
- In the first phase, The Sports Ministry is identifying state-owned sports facilities in eight states across the India. they are :
- Arunachal Pradesh
There are eight centres taht are to be given a grant based on the actual amount finalized
- Sangey Lhaden Sports Academy, Itanagar, Arunachal Pradesh (AP)
- Jaiprakash Narayan National Youth Center, Bangalore, Karnataka
- GV Raja Sr. Secondary Sports School, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala
- Khuman Lampak Sports Complex, Imphal, Manipur
- Rajiv Gandhi Stadium, Aizawl, Mizoram
- State Sports Academy, IG Stadium, Kohima, Nagaland
- Kalinga Stadium, Bhubaneshwar, Odisha
- Regional Sports School, Hakimpet, Telangana