Khadi commission head Vinai Kumar Saxena is Delhi’s new Lieutenant Governor – Vinai Kumar Saxena has been appointed as the new Lieutenant Governor (L-G) of Delhi. Saxena is currently serving as the chairperson of the Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC).
- the President of India has accepted the resignation of former L-G Anil Baijal and appointed Saxena as Lt Governor of the National Capital Territory of Delhi with effect from the date he assumes charge of his office.
Who is Vinai Kumar Saxena
- Saxena completed his graduation from Kanpur University.
- He has a pilot’s licence and is a “philanthropist in vision and corporate scientist in action”.
- He worked with JK Group as an assistant manager for 11 years and later he was appointed as the General Manager to look after the proposed Port Project in Gujarat.
- He was appointed as the chairman of KVIC in October 2015.
- he also worked on schemes and products including ‘Honey Mission’, ‘Kumhar Sashaktikaran Yojana’, ‘Leather Artisans’ Empowerment’, Khadi Prakritik Paint, Project RE-HAB, Khadi Fabric Footwear and Plastic-mixed handmade paper.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.