Kaziranga became the first national park in India with satellite phones
Assam’s Kaziranga National Park (KNP) became the first national park in India that has been equipped with satellite phones. Assam Chief Secretary Jishnu Barua handed over 10 satellite phones to the forest personnel of the Kaziranga National Park.
- This decision was taken at a meeting chaired by Assam Chief Minister Dr Himanta Biswa Sarma on May 27th, 2021.
- The Assam State Disaster Management Authority (ASDMA) has purchased 10 ten satellite phones at an estimated cost of Rs 16 lakh.
- BSNL will offer its services.
Important Points Kaziranga National Park (KNP) –
- Location: Kanchanjuri, Assam
- Area: 430 km
- Established: 1904
About Assam –
- Capital: Dispur
- Chief minister: Himanta Biswa Sarma
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.