Justin Bieber diagnosed with Ramsay Hunt Syndrome – Pop sensation Justin Bieber has revealed that a viral disease has temporarily paralysed one side of his face. he has cancelled his shows.
- Bieber said in an Instagram video, Bieber has developed a rare condition called the Ramsay Hunt Syndrome. the condition has fully paralysed the right side of his face.
What is Ramsay Hunt Syndrome?
- Ramsay Hunt Syndrome is a neurological disease.
- It has a virus – Varicella Zoster – that causes inflammation of the nerves involved in facial movements.
- When the nerves get inflamed, one loses his/her ability to function, leading to temporary facial palsy or paralysis.
- infected can’t receive the necessary signals to function properly.
Symptoms of Ramsay Hunt Syndrome
- The symptoms include painful, red rash and blisters in and around the ear and facial paralysis on the same side.
- Can lose hearing in the ear
- Inability to close the eye causes dryness.
- Rash on the eardrum
How is Ramsay Hunt Syndrome treated?
- Ramsay Hunt Syndrome can be treated using antiviral drugs, steroids and physiotherapy. Steroids and antiviral drugs are the cornerstones of the treatment, said Dr Mukherji.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App