International Dog Day 2021: History, significance
Every year, International Dog Day is celebrated on August 26. this day was founded by Animal Welfare Advocate and Pet Lifestyle Expert Collen Paige. The main purpose of this day is to celebrate all dogs, irrespective of their breed, shape, size, etc, and encourage people to adopt dogs, instead of buying them from pet shops.
International Dog Day: History
- In 2004, Colleen Paige who is a Pet & Family Lifestyle Expert, Animal Rescue Advocate, Conservationist, Dog Trainer, and Author, founded the day International Dog Day, and the International Dog Day was observed first time on 26th August 2004.
- On this day, Paige’s family adopted their first dog ‘Sheltie’
- Colleen Paige has founded many days like National Puppy Day, National Mutt Day, National Cat Day, and National Wildlife Day.
Quotes on International Dog Day
- “If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and man.” – Mark Twain
- “Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.” – Mark Twain
- “The only creatures that are evolved enough to convey pure love are dogs and infants.” – Johnny Depp
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.