International Delegates Day 2021: Purpose, Background
The day of 25th April is observed as International Delegate’s Day every year across the world.
- The purpose of this day is to create awareness of the role of representatives and delegates of the Member States to the United Nations (UN) and to prevent war and conflict and paving the way for peaceful and prosperous societies with the help of dialogue and collaboration, particularly during the most difficult of times.
- United Nations (UN) conducted the 1st International Delegate’s Day on April 25th, 2020.
- International Delegates Day refers to the 1st day of the San Francisco Conference’s anniversary.
- San Francisco is famous for the United Nations Conference on International Organization.
- First-time delegates from 50 nations had come together in San Francisco On 25 April 1945.
- this conference was organized after finishing of 2nd world war. its aim was to restore world peace and make rules on the post-war world order.
- The UN Charter was signed by 50 countries who were part of that conference on June 26, 1945. as a result, the UN was created.