International Day for Tolerance 2021: History, Significance and Theme
Every year, the International Day of Tolerance is observed on 16th November across the world. the main purpose of this day is to create awareness of the dangers of intolerance.
- This day promotes tolerance by fostering mutual understanding among cultures and people, observes International Day for Tolerance.
- It aims to raise awareness of all the different types of intolerances that are prevalent in the world.
International Day for Tolerance 2021: History
- In 1995, UNESCO designated this day in order to enhance public awareness of the dangers of intolerance.
- Tolerance is referred as the ability or willingness to tolerate the existence of opinions or behaviour that one dislikes or disagrees with.
International Day for Tolerance 2021: Theme
- The theme for International Day of Tolerance focuses ‘Tolerance is respect, acceptance, and appreciation of the rich diversity of our world’s cultures, our forms of expression and ways of being human’.
Also Read || 44th Wangala festival begins in Meghalaya
Also Read || Children’s Day observed on 14th November
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.