International Dance Day 2023: History, Theme – it is also called as World Dance Day by the people. the main purpose of the day is to promote art and culture and spread awareness among the public related to the “art of dance”.
in addition, it also helps in spreading education about several forms of dance and their value in art form.
International Dance History
- World Dance Day is observed across the world by people. the Dance Committee of the International Theatre Institute (ITI) created Dance Day.
- ITI Committee selected the date of 29th April because 29th April day is the birthday of famous French dance artist Jean-Georges Noverre.
- Jean-Georges Noverre was born in 1727.
- he was a ballet master and a great reformer of dance in the world.
International Dance Day Theme 2023
- The theme of 2020 is Dance and Spirituality.