India celebrates Janjatiya Gaurav Divas
The Government has decided to celebrate 15th November as Janjatiya Gaurav Divas dedicated to the memory of brave tribal freedom fighters. in 2021, it will be 146th Birth Anniversary of Bhagwan Birsa Munda.
- This day also marks the birth anniversary of Birsa Munda who is revered as Bhagwan by tribal communities across the country.
- On this occasion, PM Modi has also inaugurated the “Bhagwan Birsa Munda Memorial Park cum Freedom Fighter Museum” at Ranchi.
Who is Birsa Munda
- Birsa Munda is known as iconic tribal freedom fighter.
- He was also a social reformer and revered tribal leader of the country and fought bravely against the exploitative system of the British colonial government
- Birsa led the tribal movement, giving a call for “Ulgulan” (Revolt) to the tribals.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.