Important Events Of 31 May: Days and Dates
World Tobacco Abolition Day
- World Tobacco Abolition Day is observed on 31st May every year in the world.
- World Health Organization (WHO) designated the day of World No Tobacco Day in 1987.
- Tobacco contains a chemical named nicotine. nicotine is a drug.
- tobacco can cause 28 types of cancer diseases.
- World accounts 2nd most deaths.
Walt Whitman Birth Day
- born on 31st May 1819, in Huntington at New York, USA
- he died on 26th March 1892 at the age of 72.
- Walt was an American poet, journalist, and columnist.
- his most prominent poem was Leaves of Grass (Leaves of Graves).
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.