Important Days and Events of January 30th
- Martyrs Day or Shaheed Diwas
- World Leprosy Eradication Day
- James Watt Birthday
Martyrs Day or Shaheed Diwas
- The day of 30th January is observed as Martyr’s Day or Shaheed Diwas annually. it highlights the memory of Mahatma Gandhi. Mahatma Gandhi was assassinated by Nathuram Godse on 30th January 1948. he is known as the ‘Father of Nation’. A two-minute silence in memory of Indian martyrs is seen across the country at 11 AM.
World Leprosy Eradication Day
- People observe World Leprosy Day on the last Sunday of January month every year. the purpose of this day is to focus on the target of zero cases of leprosy-related disabilities in children.
James Watt Birthday on 30th January
- James Watt was born on 30th January 1736.
- James Watt was a Scottish inventor, mechanical engineer, and chemist.
- He played an important role in improving on Thomas Newcomen’s 1712 Newcomen steam engine.
- He also developed the concept of horsepower and the SI unit of power, the watt was named after him.
- He passed away on 25th August 1819 at the age of 83.