Himalayan Day 2021: 9th September
On 9th September, Himalaya Diwas/Day is celebrated every year in the state of Uttarakhand with the aim of conserving the Himalayan ecosystem and region. In 2021, The National Mission for Clean Ganga organized Himalayan Diwas in association with Naula Foundation.
- The theme 2021 of Himalayan Diwas/Himalayan Day is: ‘Contribution of Himalayas and our responsibilities’.
Background & Why It is observed?
- The Chief minister of Uttarakhand declared the day of September 9th as Himalaya Day officially.
- It also highlights the significance of the Himalayas. Himalayan hill towns face several challenges due to poor building planning & designs, poor infrastructures like roads, water supply, sewage, etc, and unprecedented cutting of trees which causes serious ecological issues.
- Himalayas are a source of medicinal plants which makes Ganga water special and gives life to not only Ganga but many smaller streams.
About Pahad-Paani-Parampra webinar
- Proceedings of ‘Stakeholders Webinar on Pahad-Paani-Parampra’ were released at the event. The webinar was conducted on 10th, 11th, and 12th June 2021. The policymakers and decision-makers received an opportunity to sensitize the drying-up of springs and the crucial role of spring-shed management.
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.