Haryana tops in Installation of Solar Pumps under PM-KUSUM
Haryana has ranked first in the country for the installation of off-grid solar pumps under Pradhan Mantri Kisan Urja Suraksha Evam Utthan Mahaabhiyaan (PM-KUSUM). As per the Union Ministry of New and Renewable Energy’s Data, Haryana has topped among all other states of the country.
- Haryana has installed 14,418 pumps for the year 2020-21. the state govt sanctioned 15,000 pumps for the year 2020-21.
- In 2019, The Ministry of New and Renewable Energy launched the PMKUSUM scheme and planned to install 20 lakh standalone solar pumps.
- The Ministry gave the target of 15,000 pumps for the year 2020-21 with a total cost of Rs 520 crore to Haryana.
PM KUSUM scheme components
- 10,000 megawatts (MW) of decentralized ground-mounted grid-connected renewable power plants (Component-A)
- Installation of 17.50 lakh standalone solar powered agriculture pumps (Component-B)
- Solarisation of 10 lakh grid-connected solar powered agriculture pumps (Component-C).
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.