Hardeep S Puri introduced CSCAF 2.0 and Streets for People Challenge
- The Housing and Urban Affairs Minister Shri Hardeep Singh Puri Ji has introduced CSCAF 2.0. CSCAF stands for Climate Smart Cities Assessment Framework. along with it, he also begins ‘Streets for People Challenge’.
What is CSCAF 2.0?
- The main purpose of CSCAF is to offer the best roadmap for cities towards fighting Climate Change. it includes planning and implementation of actions and investments.
- The cyclones, floods, heatwaves, water scarcity, and drought condition have increased in the last few decades. they have given an adverse impact on human lives and it also impacts Indian economic growth.
- this move will help in making the best approach against climate change and will develop India.
- CSCAF 2.0 has 28 indicators and divided into five categories. they are
(i) Energy and Green Buildings
(ii) Urban Planning, Green Cover and Biodiversity
(iii) Mobility and Air Quality
(iv) Water Management
(v) Waste Management