Govt launches web portal ‘Waste to Wealth’ to find solutions to India’s waste problems
The Centre has launched a web portal named “Waste to Wealth” on the occasion of Gandhi Jayanti.. the “Waste to Wealth” web portal aims to enhance cooperation for sustainable development through economy and community participation.
- The portal was launched by Office of the Principal Scientific Adviser and inaugurated by the Principal Scientific Advisor K. Vijay Raghavan.
- It will also enable collaborations for sustainable development.
- It will play a role to identify, develop, and deploy technologies to treat waste to generate energy, recycle materials, and extract worth.
Waste to Wealth Mission
- It brings scientific processing of waste to the forefront to build a zero-landfill and zero-waste nation.
- The portal will work as a common platform for technology providers, government stakeholders, urban local bodies, and users to seek relevant solutions.
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.