German-American Day 2021: Date, History and Significance
The day of 6th October is celebrated in the United States to commemorate the founding of Germantown, Pennsylvania. on this day, it was founded in 1683.
- It marks the history of friendship with Germany as the United States German descendants contributed to its culture and history.
German-American Day: History
- In 1683, thirteen German families established ‘Germantown’, Pennsylvania.
- it was the first German settlement in the original thirteen American colonies.
- In 1983, President Ronald Reagan announced October 6 as German-American Day in order to express appreciation and to honor the 300th anniversary of German-American immigration and culture into the United States.
- On 6th August 1987, Congress approved S.J. Resolution 108 to declare October 6 as German-American Day.
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.