Former UP Chief Secretary Anup Chandra Pandey As Election Commissioner
On 9th June 2021, Former Uttar Pradesh Chief Secretary Shri Anup Chandra Pandey has taken sworn as the Election Commissioner (EC) of India.
- Pandey has become the second election commissioner of the Election Commission (EC). The three-member body is headed by Chief Election Commissioner Sushil Chandra and Rajiv Kumar is the other election commissioner.
More About Anup Chandra Pandey
- Pandey was Born on February 15, 1959, and he was a 1984-batch Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer. he has served for a period of about 37 years of service.
- In addition, he has served in various ministries and departments at the center and his state cadre of Uttar Pradesh (UP).
- Pandey was superannuated as the Uttar Pradesh chief secretary in August 2019.
- Mr. Pandey also has worked as a member of the National Green Tribunal Oversight Committee, Uttar Pradesh.
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.