Former U-19 World Cup-winner Unmukt Chand retires from India cricket
Former U-19 World Cup-winning captain Unmukt Chand has announced his retirement from Indian cricket. He will likely play the United States T20 League and the BCCI does not allow its registered players to compete in foreign T20 leagues.
- He is a right-handed batsman and off-break bowler.
- He was the Captain of the Indian U-19 Team that won the 2012 U-19 World Cup against Australia.
- He played in 67 First-Class matches, 120 List A matches,and 77 T20s.
- He also has represented Mumbai Indians, Delhi Capitals, and Rajasthan Royals during the IPL career and played domestic cricket for Delhi and Uttarakhand teams.
Chand wrote on his official Twitter Handle:
- “After thinking for a while, I still could not find the perfect beginning to this letter. Writing this down brings out mixed emotions in me. I don’t know how I should be feeling cause honestly I am still figuring it out. The very thought of not being able to represent my country again literally stops my heartbeat for a while,”
- “I have grown up playing cricket with just one and only dream of playing for India. The love for this game has been very pure for me and I am grateful to have achieved a few milestones along the way. From getting up early in the morning for training, scheduling my entire day around cricket and trying to find out ways to become a better player has always been my drive and motivation and still keeps me going as the journey is only halfway through.”
- “Lastly, I would like to say that things have not been as smooth in the last few years and opportunities have been denied. Though a part of me is not at peace with the way things have unfolded in the last few years, I still choose to see the silver lining and with fond memories bid adieu to BCCI and seek better opportunities around the world,”
People also ask: FAQs
Why did Unmukt Chand retire?
He will likely play the United States T20 League and the BCCI does not allow its registered players to compete in foreign T20 leagues
Where is Unmukt Chand going?
Chand will likely play the United States T20 League.
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.