Former international hockey player Gopal Bhengra passes away at 75
Former international hockey player Gopal Bhengra (गोपाल भेंगरा, एक हॉकी खिलाड़ी) has passed away at the age of 75. he was suffering from a prolonged illness. he was part of the 1978 Men’s Hockey World Cup Indian squad.
- He represented India at the 1978 World Cup in Argentina.
- He also played against Argentina and Pakistan in the World Cup.
- Bhengra had faced many hardships and at one time even taken up crushing stones for a livelihood.
Hockey India condolences on Gopal Bhengra’s death:
- Hockey India has mourned the death of 75-year-old and hockey player Gopal Bhengra, who became part of the 1978 Indian World Cup side. He passed away on August 9th, 2021 in Ranchi due to a prolonged illness.
President Gyanendro Ningombam said,
- “Hockey India extends its deepest condolences to Gopal Bhengra’s family. Gopal was an important member of the 1978 World Cup side and his contributions to Indian Hockey will always be remembered. May Gopal’s family and friends have the strength to pass through this tough time.”
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.